Monday, September 20, 2010

baby projects!

Eric and I are having a baby! I'm due February 15th. We don't know yet whether it's a boy or girl ( we find out in two weeks!!), but I'm already getting excited for all the baby projects that I can do. Somehow I never really feel like crafting in the summer - too much gardening, I guess. But now that the weather has turned crisp, I'm itching to get out my sewing machine and knitting needles. And a baby gives me such a good excuse! So here's a list of projects ...

1. Newborn nightie like the one from Natural Nursery Knits
2. Matching blanket
3. Matching cap

I haven't decided on the color scheme or yarn for those yet. I'm not really into the whole pink/blue thing. I'm planning to decorate the nursery with a 'woodland' theme - trees, owls, mushrooms, squirrels, etc. I'll post more on that later. I'd love to get a self-striping yarn in some more saturated colors.

4. Woodland themed quilt. Either with appliques or with woodland print fabrics. I'd like one side to be patchy and the other side to be soft - maybe flannel. I've never made a quilt or really done any applique before though, so this will be a challenge!
5. Booties!
6. Wool soakers. We're definitely doing cloth diapers, so these are going to be essential. I'm actually thinking that we might do the elimination communication thing, but we're still going to need diapers and soakers.

I'll probably start working on most of these after the wedding (October 23rd!), because right now I'm overwhelmed with wedding planning stuff. But I might get the yarn for the blanket, at least, so that I can start going to the Tuesday knit group at the Chocolate Cafe.

No comments: